Thursday, April 9, 2009

WHAT A TIME!

WHAT A TIME!
- The Final 4 is history, what a time in Downtown Detroit! I went down there after the State-UConn game (My boys did it!) And it was like being in a steroid-induced East Lansing! The 1000's of people I saw were overwhelmingly rocking the Green and White. And it looked good I must say as an alum.
- Unfortunately the fellas ran into a machine called Carolina on Monday. Hey, it happens. I had UNC as national champs at the start of the year and Tournament, so I am not surprised how Monday played out. For the fans who were calling in to sportstalk shows on Tuesday, let me say this clearly: Calling timeouts would not have helped Sparty, unless they could get JRich, Z-Bo, Magic and maybe Special K in uniform. Carolina was just not going to lose. Period.
- My boys could have played better, but they were not big enough, accurate enough or experienced enough to win on Monday. Maybe next year. Two things, then I'm done with this.
1) Maybe the Spartans can take this whipping and use it to fuel the run like UNC did last year after losing to Kansas in the Final 4. 2) Funny how 2 of the 3 announcers on the pregame picked State to win, Seth Davis and Greg Anthony, I believe.
WHAT A SHAM!
- So President Conyers has her own show. Wow, that is unbelievable. My only beef with this is, how can somebody who is so poorly spoken, able to get a Talk Show? Damn Charles Barkley! He has made it not only acceptable, but maybe even desirable to sound functional (old school)
and yet be a host.
- Unbelievable, but don't forget, y'all can write her in for mayor. Please.
WHAT A CRIME!
- So the DPS is over $300 million in the hole and the system is in deep trouble? Wow, no one ought to ever criticize another parent who pulls their child and puts them in an alternative, charter or private school situation. The board has shown they are either too incompetent or duplicitous in this criminally sad scenario to ever have full control of the budget again.
- So exactly which members were looking out for the children's best interests, while some others were backing up the truck to rob the citizens blind? And just how did no one notice the almost 600 people on the payroll without active, functioning jobs? WTF?
Obvious Book Plug of the Day:
- Looking at my Gucci, its about that time, big ups Doug E. I received a call from a publisher that I may have to consider for my 1st book to get out. They actually sent me a contract offer, not what I was looking for, but it may serve the purpose I need it to.
The Bible says to not despise the day of small beginnings. I told the rep on the other end of the phone, that I will consider what they are looking to do, and then get back with them by the end of next week. This will be a decision that I pray on majorly, because it is reaching a point where I would like to see something happen, but I have to stay focused on what God wants to have happen in my life!
- I am not the only person to go through anything like this, I'm sure. To anyone else looking at this king of scenario, all I can say is trus tin the Lord, with all of thine heart and lean not to your own understanding, but in all of your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment